Sensitive data is always received and transmitted over HTTPS, using 2048-bit keys, and stored in encrypted databases in secure datacenters. Slate integrates with institutional single sign-on, including CAS, SAML/Shibboleth, LDAP/Active Directory, OpenID, and other identity providers, with field-level permissions. Data is stored exclusively in the United States.
High Performance, High Availability
Slate receives more than 250 million hits each month and delivers more than 750 million email messages each year. We have redundancy from the disks to the servers to the network. We consistently achieve 99.999% availability each year (less than 5 minutes of downtime for the entirety of a calendar year).
Secure, Isolated Databases
Institutional data is stored in its own private database and is never shared with other institutions or third parties. You can request, at any time, a complete backup copy of your database for secure on-campus storage. Source code and technology escrow agreements are included at no additional charge for added peace of mind.
We've integrated our service and support resources right into Slate, including Slate TV training
videos and webinars, the Slate Developer Network, the Slate Community Forums, and the Service Desk request tracking system.
Communicate directly with your dedicated Program Manager at anytime.
Smart Maintenance Windows
Updates and new feature releases are deployed without any service interruption,
and our rigorous change management protocols ensure that mission-critical services do
not unexpectedly change or become unavailable.
We have direct connections to major Internet backbones, with access to multi-gigabit bandwidth. Ping times to many colleges and universities are under 5ms, and transfer rates to these institutions often approach 1gbps.
- Applications: No limit or additional costs within licensing rate tier
- Prospects/inquiries: No limit or additional costs
- Users: No limit/costs
- Database size: No limit/costs
- Media storage: No limit/costs
- Email delivery: No limit/costs
- PDF, PDF/A, and PDF/X
- Image files (BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and other mainstream formats)
- Media files (any mainstream audio or video file format)
- Excel 2007-2013 and Excel 97-2003
- Delimited and fixed-width text
- Word mail-merge
- Email merge
- iCal (Outlook, Google Calendar)
- Batch management utilities
- Supports all TWAIN 1.x and 2.x drivers
- Local scanners
- Network scanners
- Duplex and large-format scanning
- Blank page detection
- Separator sheet detection and automatic splicing
- Direct control of paper size, resolution, feeder, duplexing, and bit level
Mobile Device Support
- Fast, responsive interfaces for mobile devices and tablets
- Specialized interface for application reading on the iPad, with multi-touch and gesture support
- No ActiveX, Java, or specific browsers or browser technologies required
- WCAG 2.0 ADA/508 compliance
- PCI/DSS compliance
- USPS-verified mailing addresses
- CAN-SPAM compliance with automated email unsubscribes and bounce/feedback loop management
- FERPA/Buckley Amendment
- Documents: Word, PDF, RTF
- Images: BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF
- Video: AVI, FLV, MP4, Quicktime, WMV
- No per-gigabyte charges for hosting
- No portfolio size restrictions
- Support for individual files up to 5GB